emails are getting stuck into queue.

AKSHAY THAKARE September 23, 2018

Hi All,

I have created two rule using Jira automation add-ons. One is when an issue created send automated mail, it is working fine. Another is when a comment is added to issues when the request type is "Support" then send an automated mail to the selected groups and also some email id I have put there.

But the receiver doesn't receive any mail from JIRA. I also check the rule log where a rule is executed successfully. 

Then I searched email queue where I found that mails get stucks into the error queue.
when I resend all the emails from the queue again email get stucks.this is happens repeatedly. 

I'm confused about why emails are not sent for one rule, As the configuration for both is same.

Any solution to this?

error_queue.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi there, 

If this is happening to only only type of email, there may be an issue with the content of the email or the intended recipients.

If you change the content of the email body or the users, that this is sent to, is it sent?  That may narrow down where to look. 

You can also turn on email debug logging under the Logging & Profiling page. This will output logging to the JIRA Home Directory/log/atlassian-outgoing-mail.log This may show any specific error messages which are logged, to help figure out what may be wrong. 

Cheers, 

Keri

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2018

Hi!

Please, check the following question and the answers provided below:

JIRA notification mail stuck in queue

It may be of help, but if it's not, get back to us.

AKSHAY THAKARE September 23, 2018

Hi, @Grigory Salnikov thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, the problem is with the only one rule why not with another one.

As I have created Two rule using same add-ons both executed successfully as shows in audit log but in error queue email related to only one rule are getting stuck while email related to another one is getting sent to recipients. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events