Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define approvers for service desk

Greg Kubitz September 25, 2017

If a request requires approval, how do I setup a list of allowable approvers, that a user can choose one or more from, excluding themselves (the creator). 

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Hi Greg,

In the Setting up approvals knowledge base there are instructions to setup the list:

Step 1: Add a user picker to the request form

To give people a way to select approvers for their request, you add a user picker custom field to the request form. If you prefer to choose approvers for customers, hide the field from the form and create a pre-set list of approvers.

By default, your project comes with the Approvers field and Team field that you can use for approvals. If you want to use a different field, see  Add a new custom field to a project .

Take a look at the entire section for more information including what to do if you want customers to choose the approver, If the request will go to a pre-set list of approvers, etc.

Cheers,

Branden

Greg Kubitz September 26, 2017

Thanks for the response Branden. I am still not finding my solution. I want the creator to be able to select ONE approver from a designated list of approvers (excluding the creator if he/she is on the approver list).

Basically, each manager can approve his/her employees' requests without all of the other managers getting the request.

Thanks!

Greg

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Judy Gorab July 9, 2018

Hi Greg, did you ever find a solution for this?  I have the same request and I'm not having any luck finding any answers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events