define approvers for service desk

If a request requires approval, how do I setup a list of allowable approvers, that a user can choose one or more from, excluding themselves (the creator). 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Greg,

In the Setting up approvals knowledge base there are instructions to setup the list:

Step 1: Add a user picker to the request form

To give people a way to select approvers for their request, you add a user picker custom field to the request form. If you prefer to choose approvers for customers, hide the field from the form and create a pre-set list of approvers.

By default, your project comes with the Approvers field and Team field that you can use for approvals. If you want to use a different field, see  Add a new custom field to a project .

Take a look at the entire section for more information including what to do if you want customers to choose the approver, If the request will go to a pre-set list of approvers, etc.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks for the response Branden. I am still not finding my solution. I want the creator to be able to select ONE approver from a designated list of approvers (excluding the creator if he/she is on the approver list).

Basically, each manager can approve his/her employees' requests without all of the other managers getting the request.

Thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg, did you ever find a solution for this?  I have the same request and I'm not having any luck finding any answers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

104 views 7 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you