Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer portal

Dina Goncharenko January 16, 2018

I have rather a critical request to direct a user to a separate link if a certain request type is clicked.

Let's say I have a Service Desk with request types 1-6. I only need to redirect if request type #6 is clicked. 

I followed the documentation here - 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customize-customer-portal-url-in-jira-service-desk-server-847755218.html

No luck. The redirect works if I type in the link om the browser. It does not work when I click on the request type itself. 

Can someone help please ?  Again, this is quite critical for us...

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi Dina,

The knowledge base you referred to is not meant to create redirects when you change status, etc.  Currently JIRA does not provide this functionality out of the box and you would need an add-on such as Extension for Jira Service Desk.

There is also a Suggestion that you can vote on titled Customer portal dynamically updated and add your use case to the notes to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Dina Goncharenko February 7, 2018

Hi Branden, 

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I just wanted to clarify that I am not looking to dynamically update the portal and therefore Customer portal dynamically updated case is not relevant to me. Imagine having a Help Center with, for simplicity, two choices: 

1. What do you need help with? 

2. Other

What I need is when users click on 'Other' link it redirects them to e.g. www.google.com

In our situation it's a separate company's service desk that users need to submit their requests to. This is a pressing issue to us as the fact that users keep submitting tickets to the wrong team causes a lot of issues.  I won't go into details, but it's very important to us.

Thank you!

Dina

Dina Goncharenko February 7, 2018

Hi Branden, 

You also suggested Extension for Jira Service Desk

Are you talking about the 'links' that can be added next to the 'requests' link in customer portal? This is the only thing I could find in this add-on that related to the links - https://intenso.support/addon/server/extension/latest/links/

This is not what I need. I need to be redirected when a certain request type is clicked on. The solution you provided does not do that.

Thanks again, 

Dina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events