Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating articles for knowledgebase

Rachid Amajoud April 25, 2018

I am a Confluence admin and i can create articles directly from JSD, but when i invite a new Agent to work on an issue, he can't create articles untill i give that person rights as a confluence user! His membership should be limited just to the space of the knowledgebase!

Is there a way i can configure this?

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2018

Hi Rachid,

As you discovered, in order to allow a user permission to edit or create pages in Confluence, they need to have a Confluence user license.

If you want to limit his access to just the one space, you will want to follow the instructions here:

Essentially, you create a special group for that user to use other than the default confluence-users group. Then you can make sure your other spaces in Confluence don't have Edit permissions for the group that you just created.

I hope that's clear, but if you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Shannon

Rachid Amajoud April 27, 2018

Shannon,

thx for you reply! i'll try this!

another issue is that i get a kind of sync error as you can see in the printscreen, what is exactly the problem here?

image.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Hi Rachid,

TFS4JIRA is a different product and is a 3rd-party add-on.

You'll want to ask a new question about this issue in our Marketplace Collection. You can follow the link here for that:

Regards,

Shannon

Rachid Amajoud April 30, 2018

Thx Shannon, I already found the reason! 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2018

Alright, thank you for confirming, Rachid!

Take care,

Shannon

Kit Tin Mak April 30, 2018

Hi Rachid,

I am Kit from Spartez Support Team. The error occurs because the Synchronizer external URL is not set yet in TFS4JIRA Configuration. You should be able to see TFS4JIRA Configuration by clicking Jira Administration -> Add-ons.

If you have any further questions regarding TFS4JIRA, feel free to contact us at our Support Portal or email us at support@spartez.com.

Cheers,
Kit
[Spartez Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events