creating a KB article from JSD where the description is auto filled in "problem" section

Rob December 13, 2019

Is it possible when creating an KB article from JSD that the template auto populates with the problem section in the JSD ticket description? If this possible is it possible to put the resolution comments JSD automatically as the solution section of the KB? This would mean that I will only have to do some minor editing in the KB.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi @Rob 

Wouldn't it be easier for you to copy the solution from the comments into the Description? 

I ask that question because what if you have a dozen or more comments with images of nonsense, do you really want all of that to appear in the KB Solution? 

A KB is only as good as the info that goes into it. It takes mere seconds to copy and paste the solution into the description or under a heading Solution in the body of the KB.

Your users down the line will thank you for the clean KB post.  

-Mike

Rob January 6, 2020

Hi Mike...what I looking to do is to have a template that will automatically use the description or Summary as the "problem" section and the "resolution" comments to populate in the "solution" section. Then I can easy edit what should and should not be in the article. Thank you 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events