comment in service desk should trigger workflow transition

Linda Kreiser September 30, 2014

Hi everybody,

when we have a ticket with status "closed" and our customer write a comment via the service desk, we want to change the status in "reopened" automatically. How can we implement this?

Thanking you in anticipation!

3 answers

2 votes
Scott Lingle July 15, 2016

In JIRA Service desk, you can use automation.  (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/automating-your-service-desk-802164723.html

I think one of the preloaded rules is re-open on customer comment, but just in case I'm mistaken about that, I've added my rule.  

UPDATE: I was just in there for another reason and one of the templates when you click "Add rule" is reopen on customer comment. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 3.43.06 pm.png

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2014

There is no way to do it with stock functionality.  You'd need to write a custom listener or some API function to do this.  The "Comment" function has no native automation around it is the reason why.  

Using stock functionality, you could remove the "Add Comment" permission from your user base and only use workflow transitions for everything, though.  You could create a custom field to serve as the comment field and force people to run the "Reopen" transition rather than adding a traditional "Comment."  That uses built-in functionality and is not difficult to do. You'd need to address the "Comment" function in each workflow status in order to allow users to comment on issues, though.  A workflow can transition to the same status, so that's what I typically do when I need to do this type of thing. Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Hi,

You can use the Auto Transition Listener from the JIRA Toolkit plugin. It is very easy to configure to do exactly what you describe.

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events