changing Service Desk project: getting response "cacheLoader returned null for key 'SD_REQTYPE'"

Marcus Kesper November 23, 2017

Upgraded from 6.4.6 (SD 2.4.3) to 7.6.0 (SD 3.9.0).

If I try to change anything on a SD project (e.g. select "Request types") I'm getting 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cacheLoader returned null for key 'SD_REQTYPE'

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi, Marcus.

From a few issues I've already worked on, this behavior you're experiencing is related to this upgrade path that you've proceeded with. As Service Desk has to run a few upgrade tasks on JIRA 7.0 or 7.1, the correct upgrade path should be like JIRA 6.4.6 > 7.0.x > 7.6.0.

Due to this, our advice would be to proceed with the steps of the KB article below (Section: Resolution for cause 1)

SDS error after upgrade

However and if you have a snapshot of your instance from before the upgrade, you can also roll back and proceed with the upgrade in two steps (From 6.4.6 to 7.0.x and then to the latest version)

Marcus Kesper November 23, 2017

Hi Paulo, thanks, what I did is:

6.4.6 (with SD 2.4.3 disabled)  to 7.0.11

7.0.11 to 7.1.10

7.1.10 to 7.6.0 (installed SD 3.9.0)

So what would have been correct? Install SD (which version) on 7.0/7.1?

Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi, Marcus.

Not sure if you're facing this behavior as Service Desk was disabled and the upgrade tasks were not completed. You can install Service Desk in both version (7.0/7.1) where I'd advice you to just install it through UI (JIRA Administration > Applications) as your instance will download the correct one. 

However and if your JIRA has no access to Internet, you can also download it from here. Just ensure to match your JIRA version according to Service Desk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events