change/remove signup text - JIRA SD

Kevin L April 16, 2018

Is there a way i could find out where this text is stored as we want to edit it or potentially remove it.  It is on the front end portal page which says 'Dont have an account'..  is it in a page on the server or stored somewhere in DB?

donthave.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

If you do not allow customers to signup, the link would not appear as customers can only be "invited" to your SD. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/global-customer-permissions-895930616.html

Kevin L April 20, 2018

Thanks for the reply.  We want to use email requests to allow any person to send an email to a specific mailbox to make it a ticket.  With that, I believe we have to allow public signup...correct me if I am wrong.  This is where the issue is.  We dont want public signup or more importantly want to stop users from creating an account to see the request.  sounds odd but thats our rules.  Any ideas?

I mean what if i just wanted to change the verbiage on the login page?  I should be allowed to do that.  

0 votes
Christoph Schmitz November 18, 2020

@Kevin LHi Kevin we got the same issue. Formerly we used the Ultimate Theming Addon, which allowed us to use CSS / Javascript do hide the whole "signup box with link" in the SD portal.

Now we don't use it anylonger so I couldnt find a way to inject my CSS - announcement banner in Jira and announcement banner within the portal both dont work.

Did you find a solution for your request?

Greetings Christoph

0 votes
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Hi Kevin,

The text is currently not editable. We have a feature request for it at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-330 

Kevin L April 20, 2018

I need a way to block that signup link.  Any suggestions? It is critical to us.

Kevin L April 23, 2018

might you have a solution for this? thank you

Nabil
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2018

I'm afraid that I would have a solution for it, Kevin. It might be possible for you to customize the source files but this is not supported and is only possible in Jira Server 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events