can we have multiple Issue schemas for one project

Can i create different Issue schemas for different issue types in a single project.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm afraid your question is a bit unclear, when it is read in a JIRA context.

The quick answer is "yes", because the way JIRA works is to hang a lot of the configuration off the issue type.  So that within one project, your issue type can determine the fields, screens, and workflows differently for each issue type.  The project handles permissions and notifications, and, most importantly, the issue types available within the project.

But I'm not sure I have got to the root of your question - I'm not sure what you mean by "different issue schemas" - an issue type scheme is the thing that tells the project what issue types you can use, it would be nonsense to have that apply to an issue type.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

10,910 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you