Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we control the text that shows up under “Auto

Karthik Sriraman December 22, 2017
In customer portal of Jira service desk ,when there is a status change for a ticket there is a message that appears.can this be customised ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Probably.  Your question does not tell us what you would like to customise, the language is too vague to be sure.  Could you explain it in more detail please?  (Screenshots, or specific blocks of text would help)

Hi Nic,

Please find attached screenshot .When a status for a ticket is changed from "Open" to "In Review" currently there is a system message called "Your request status changed to Review" ,can we give a more meaningful message to customer as this from a customer portal . Can you please suggest here ? Thanks.image-1.png

Hi Nic,

It would be really helpful if you can help me out here. Thanks.

Best Regards

Karthik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2017

You can't customise those messages yet.

Karthik Sriraman December 23, 2017

Nic,

Asof now there is a default system rule called “Customer-visible status changed” under Customer notifications which I guess fires the default text as existent now and we can go ahead and modify this text as per our need. What this means is that ,when there is any status change involving Customer visible status, the same modified/customised text will be recorded for all the statuses

But if we want a different text based on a Customer-visible status ,i guess we have to disable the existing system status “Customer-visible status changed” and have to add custom rules in Automation section. So that we can have a text sent for each and every “Customer-visible status” individually.

Karthik Sriraman December 23, 2017

Can you please comment on my above theory ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events