Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically add watchers when specific people (group) puts in incidents

Jason Ferris February 19, 2019

Hello,

We currently have a need to automate when a group of specific people put in an incident to also automatically add 2 people as watchers to any tickets they open. 

Example: Development group consists of

Joe

jason

John

Mary

Mary puts an incident into Jira. Matt and Kurt want to be added as watchers any time Mary, John, Joe or Jason puts in an incident into Jira so they can watch what is going on. 

With current automation rules I am not able to get something like this working. The values are way to basic. Creating a custom rule that says when an issue is created and they are "not a customer" I can't really continue from there. No option to say if user type is not a cutsomer and is Mary, or John, or Joe etc. then add Kurt and Matt as watchers. 

Seems fairly simple but unless there is some specific thing to do to get this working, I am not sure how this can be done.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Hi Jason,

you could look at a third-party add-on called ScriptRunner https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira

This is a paid tool however by the looks of it? Not sure we are willing to go that far for the functionality.  I appreciate the suggestion.

Like Marty likes this
1 vote
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Jason,

Editing your notification scheme to alert users  when for example, issue is updated.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html

Adding users as watchers would require a plug in. Way too complicated.

Victor

Thank you Victor. I'm afraid this will only cover a small piece so not sure this is something I'll go forward with.  I appreciate the response.

0 votes
Bronagh Quinn February 19, 2019

Hi Jason, 

If you don't think you want to go with a plugin. You could set up a custom rule which mentions the user, and if they wish they can then watch the ticket. custom rule.png

If you do decide to go with a plugin "Automation for JIRA" can easily do this:

automation for JIRA.png

Hope this helps

Bronagh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events