Wy do I get a "Public Sign Up currently not available" if I am Service Desk user/assignee?

JF Simard January 4, 2018

Hi,

I am Administrator and main user of our Service Desk project.

We mainly use emails for raising requests and following up with all communications. Having all replies integrating with the system as comments is crucial.

For some reason, when I reply to customer email, my emails get rejected as "Signup is not currently available"

Since I am a the main user/agent/assignee/administrator, how come this happens?

My colleague, the other user part of the Service Desk has his emails go through in same situation.

Is this a permissions issue? 

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hi,

It might need further investigation on your side but it feels like JSD is trying to create users with incoming email addresses when not matched to an existing user. This won't work if public signup is not enabled I guess. That's my 5 cents with what I could imagine from your description!

Hope this helps! Let us know if you find out what and why :)

Cheers

JF Simard January 4, 2018

Hi Micky,

Would make sense except that I am a valid user, why would it try to create a user if am already a valid one.

JF Simard January 5, 2018

We are trying to deploy Jira Service Desk but because of this issue, we can't. Is there someone at Atlassian that can help us?

The Service Desk Email Processor does not see me as a Team Member and therefore tries to create a customer but can't. Can someone point me to a direction of finding why it is not finding my username/email since I am a valid user /Desk Team and administrators with all permissions.

Please help!!!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hi JF,

Just to confirm, your email address (from which you're sending emails to JSD) is the one associated with your account in Jira right?

Thanks

Hi Micky,

jf------@reol.com

Not sure if this is the one you are referring to.

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Actually, JSD email handler is based on email address which means that if you're tring to raise a request with an email address which is not the one in your Jira account profile, Jira will think you're a different user (there's no matching based on name for instance). That was actually the intent of that question.

Hope this helps!

Well it is the same email address.

Same address used in JIRA Software, Service Desk and Confluence.

JF Simard January 9, 2018

Anyone can point me to where to look to understand why my email address is not recognized when no apparent reason?

KRAFTON Inc_ September 20, 2020

I'm struggling with the same problem.
Is it a settled issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events