Workflows broken after update to 7.4 core and software still 3.6 service desk Server Installation

Brian M July 6, 2017

Error is Open -> pending org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericTransactionException: Commit failed, rollback previously requested by nested transaction.

I did try to add in another status awaiting approval but that did not work as intended so maybe I messed something else up.  So not sure if it was the upgrade or the workflow change.  but I did test a new project build from scratch and still get the same errors as below.

TIA,

Brian M.

Workflow is

JIRA Service Desk default workflow

Mainly all transitions are failing with same error.

Work in Progress back to Open gives this error.

org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericTransactionException: Commit failed, rollback previously requested by nested transaction.

It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

1 answer

0 votes
Will Hann July 6, 2017

I'm getting the same error after upgrading to 3.6.0

Ive logged a support call and just noticed they are still running JSD v3.2.8

Brian M July 7, 2017

I had previously updated to 3.6.0 and worked fine with Core and Software Dev ver. 7.3.7.  So not sure how to either roll back if that would help as I only did the backup at time to update,  Or get this error fixed.  I'm dead in the water as none of my workflows work because of it.  Seems to revolve around the Start Progress Transition.  And it mentions a rollback previously requested, and I can't find that how-to.

Will Hann July 9, 2017

ive narrowed my issue down to an add-on

I disabled all of them and tested workflows, then turned them on one by one until it broke

Will Hann July 10, 2017

Spoke to the add-on support but they suggest a JIRA Issue - If i get anywhere i will let you know

Brian M July 11, 2017

I have a dialogue going on with Jira since yesterday.  The last word was I am running MSSQL 2008 R2 and that it is not compatible with the new release.  Not sure what new release as Service Desk 3.60 was fine until I upgraded to Core/Software 7.4.0.  They said that there should have been a version conflict warning check but that was not put in for somreason, it would just check for the database being available and not what version it was.

Really not sure a heads up wasn't given about that as moving to a newer version of SQL costs in the $1,000s or $10,000+ if you go to latest core base licensing.  

So now its either roll back, which I asked for how to do that and waiting for a reply or drop Jira all together, I don't have time to mess with another database install like MySQL or upgrade MSSQL for a $10 program.  Oddly Confluence and Core are workinng fine now, and my previous Help desk projects now work so I'm at a loss.  I may switch back to SpiceWorks, but I really love the extra functions with boards and notifications and that Jira has to offer.

Will Hann July 11, 2017

Thats just awesome - We are migrating to SQL 2016 shortly but from the looks of it JIRA doesnt support that either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events