Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Issues

Patrick Dufresne May 24, 2017

I can't edit workflows once they are created.

I want to add remove status's so I don't see a bunch of irrelevant ones.

How can I do this, it keeps on saying I need to disable the workflow but I don't know how to get there.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ashley Jean May 24, 2017

JIRA doesn't allow you to remove statuses from a workflow that's 'active' or being used by a project. To get around this:

1. Create a copy of the workflow you are using. It will make an 'inactive' or disabled version.
  2. Edit the Copy and remove the statuses you don't need, making sure you have the flow/connections you'll need.
  3. Edit the workflow scheme with the origianal workflow to remove the old workflow and replace it with the new one.
    Note: when you publish you'll be required to select what status tickets should be changed to that are in status you've removed. 
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2017

Patrick, 

I would start by reading this - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/workflows-780868207.html. And there are other good pages on workflows on Atlassian's site.

that said...

There are limitations of what you can do to workflows when they are active (assigned to projects). I recommend the following approach:

1) make a copy of the workflow

2) edit the copy and change the name to whatever you want, e.g. 'workflow' v2 or other

3) in the project you want to associate the new workflow with go to the project settings and issue types and then add the workflow and associate specific (all?) issue types with the new workflow

hope this helps

Claudia May 2, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickeyfor me this does not help. I have an inactive and renamed copy of another workflow, whilst editing it will say that I cannot change statusses because they will be changed in other workflows as well. 

How to deal with that? 

Ashley Jean May 2, 2018

Hi @Claudia, the above answer should work. If it doesn't you've run into a system error. As an extra item of note, JIRA kind of hides the inactive workflows in a separate list you have to expand at the bottom of the workflow page. So, my advise is to make sure the workflow copy you are trying to edit is under the Inactive section and is not associated with any workflow schemes. If it isn't active or associated with anything and still isn't doing what you need it to, then you should log a ticket with Atlassian support to figure out what's going wrong with your instance. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events