Workaround for JSD public comments that link to another (non JSD) Jira project

Bethany Glismann December 9, 2019

Hi,

My customers are all internal to my organization. I have a need to create an automation with a comment that provides detail to a linked issue. The native Automation allows this, but only in an internal comment. I need this comment to trigger an email notification that directs the customer to the linked issue. Any creative ideas on how to solve? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello @Bethany Glismann ,

There are two add-ons that I believe will work for your use case and I recomend looking into to confirm.

The first being "Automation For Jira" with an example from another user with a similar use case in the following post:

The Second would be ScriptRunner for Jira, and I found the following example in their documentation pages with a script that you could leverage that in its current form is written to trigger on a issue resolve event but could easily be changed to an alternate trigger event, it notes being able to:

add a comment to linked issues in Project 1 when an issue from Project 2 is Resolved.

Also the comment can include a link back to the Project 2 issue and the summary of that issue.

The EXE can be seen here:

Regards,
Earl

Bethany Glismann December 10, 2019

Thanks, Earl. I was also recommended Automation for Jira by another Atlassian team member, but we don't have it. 

We do have Scriptrunner, though... I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events