Within Activity, How do I comment a participants

GbHawk Support July 31, 2017

I've noticed that when I want to comment a participant, the @user name does not work. 

Meaning: If I input activity as a Reporter or Assignee, I can use the @ to mention within the activity & i receive an email notifying me of these comments. But when I type @participant - It does not resolve.   

Any insight on this matter? and thanks for reading.       

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi Mr or Ms "GbHawk Support",

Can you provide us with more information?  Here are some questions to help us understand:

1. What field are you trying to mention a user in?  
  2. Is the field configured to accept rich text or only plain text?  
  3. Are you able to @mention some users but not all?
  4. Is the user you're trying to @mention active?
  5. Can you attach a screenshot?

Also, I've noiced with JIRA Server (v 7.1.1), sometimes the @mention query has trouble finding a particular user.  I assume this is due to my large user count.  I find that if I start typing a name and JIRA doesn't find anyone, I can hit the "TAB" key and voila - the user appears!  I remember reading this function has been rebuilt in later versions of JIRA, so maybe this is a future non-issue.

Let us know,

Rachel Wright

GbHawk Support August 1, 2017

Thank you Rachel for the reply. 

As you can see from the No_User.PNG , The comment field does not recognize the participants in the ticket.

The J_Davis.PNG shows Jennifer Davis (jdavis) as a user.

So my problem is that as a Requested Participant - JDavis resolves to Jennifer Davis BUT when I go to comment/mention @jdavis in the comment field, It does not resolve. 

No_User.PNGJ_Davis.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events