Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why might an issue SLA timer be paused when issues don't meet any 'pause' criteria?

Britton Powers September 10, 2015

Our Service Desk has a "time to resolution" SLA. The SLA timer is configured to start on any of these 3 events:

• Entered Status: Assigned
  • Issue Created
  • Resolution: Cleared

The timer is configured to be paused on these 4 conditions:

But sometimes we see many tickets in Assigned status and the timer is paused.

If I take one of these issues and change the status to On Hold, and then change it back to Assigned, the timer still does not start back up again. When I look through issue history, none of the "Timer Stop" conditions were ever triggered on these issues either.

I have not figured out the pattern - some days it is fine and other days every 'Assigned' ticket I look at seems to have its timer paused.

I updated to the latest version of Service Desk on Tuesday but I am still seeing this issue. Any other ideas on what might cause this? What else should we be looking at?

2 answers

0 votes
Britton Powers September 11, 2015

Would the timers on issues all show as "Paused" if the current time is outside service hours defined on the calendar? I think that's what is happening here. If so, I apologize for misunderstanding that.

Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Hi Britton, I had the same question and the calendars turned out to the be the reason. Outside of the working hours the issues are switched to paused.

0 votes
Russ Gould _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi Britton,

What status are issues created in? There is an open bug with regards to time start vs pause precedence which may be the culprit. See the following bug record for details: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1524.

I've also seen issues where invalid SLA configuration can impact other metrics, specifically in cases where start and pause conditions are at odds. Do you have other SLAs configured?

Also, the start timer events appear redundant. The SLA timer starts at creation but also when assigned? Was this done for a particular reason?

Cheers,
Russ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events