Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't belonging to an associated Organization enough to let me create a ticket via email?

sdwire November 3, 2017

I have a Service Desk project configured so that only customers assigned to the project can create tickets via email.

I have assigned a Customer Organization to that project.

I have added a user account with my email address to that Customer Organization.

When I send an email to the email address configured for that project, a ticket is not created. When I view the email processing log for that project, I see that my email is listed with a [FAILURE] status, and the details "You don't have permission to access this Service Desk."

I have confirmed that the email address listed as the sender in the log is indeed associated with my user account, which is a member of the Customer Organization that is assigned to that project.

Being a member of one of the project's Organizations should be enough to allow me to create a ticket via email, but it doesn't seem to be.

What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Hi Steve,

So when you say you have added a user account with your email address is that the ONLY user with that email address?  If the email address is not unique in the users list than JIRA cannot determine who the reporter should be.

Cheers

Susan

sdwire November 6, 2017

That was it!   There was another user account with my email address.  After making the email addresses unique, my membership in the Organization was enough to let me create a ticket via email.

Thanks, Susan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events