Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my optional field showing as required in my request type?

Gregory Amarante October 25, 2019

I have a problem with my Request Types in JIRA. Due Date is an optional field in my Default Field Configuration, but it appears as required for one request type ("General Assistance") and not the other ("Report Request/Data Analysis").

If I look at the issue types of these two request types, I see that they both share the same Workflow, Field Configuration, and Screen.

If I look at the Default Field Configuration (which they share), the Due Date field is not required. If it were required the toggle link would read “Optional” instead of “Required”.

For General Assistance I can add and remove Due Date. In addition, if I create a new request type using the same.

For Report Request/Data Analysis, I cannot remove Due Date (“Remove” is greyed out), but I can hide it. Unfortunately, if I hide it I must specify a default value.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi gregory,

Fields can be made mandatory or options in the configuration of the Request type in Jira Service Desk settings.  Go to Project Settings - Request Types - find the request type and select "edit fields".

Hope that helps

Susan

Oh my. How incredibly simple. Thank you.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

Hi,

Sometimes they are right under our noses, and I was very impressed that you checked all the schemes!! 

Please accept answer

Susan

The problem was, that even though I had previously selected Edit Fields, I could not see that clicking on the values in the table allowed me to edit them. My focus was totally on the links.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events