Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Atlassian ignoring important feature requests from customers?

WEBCODER LTD (EU) October 3, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customize-customer-portal-url-in-jira-service-desk-server-847755218.html

I cannot believe alle these tickets have been left out without any answer from Atlassian for such a long time. This is a must feature and should be prioritised. We're about to launch our support.domain.ext portal and would like it to stay under this subdomain or even better link each portal ID to a different subdomain for different customers so they're redirected directly to their own.

1 answer

1 vote
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

@WEBCODER LTD (EU), Atlassian announced this year at Summit that they were going to start focusing on the highest voted issues.  Not sure what that means for timelines but the initiative is there.  

pd

WEBCODER LTD (EU) October 6, 2017

This is a half-baked product IMHO. You can customise URLs for CROWD, JIRA, CONFLUENCE but not service desk where it's obvious (at least to me and many others) that Atlassian customers are going to share its url at some point with their customers - this is what the product is all about. Having such option wouldn't do any harm to those who either don't need it or don't bother to submit a feature request (from my experience only a fraction of users usually get themselves to report things they would like or change). Anyways, it's a shame that Atlassian products are lacking consistency including certain areas of configuration where users struggle to find what they're looking for in a jungle of available options.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events