Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Service Desk alert user automation feature not work for any JIRA user?

Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

I used the same criteria that is used to put an issue in a queue for alerting people when it is created. I set the alert to go to JIRA users that were not associated with the Service Desk project but they never got emails. Even after adding the people as agents to Service Desk, they never received emails. If I add myself to the alert user action I get an email. Do people added to an alert user action need to have a specific role within a Service Desk project in order for the alert to get sent to them?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

I did finally discover the problem was that when setting up an automation rule to alert a JIRA user, the automation rule must be run as a JIRA user with the required permission. I was attempting to have the automation rule for alerting staff run as the customer who submitted the issue. But customers did not have the necessary permission. So I had to set automations that sent alerts to Service Desk agents to run as me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events