Why does Groovy Fast-track transition an issue report a workflow operation error?

Richard Saffell February 5, 2015

I'm trying to setup a Groovy script to reopen any Resolved issue if the reporter adds a comment.

I'm adding a comment on the Service Desk portal to an issue that Resolved.  But I see the following error in the logs:

"It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Reopened) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (RG-1235). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details."

I checked the conditions, and there are no permissions on the Reopened transition.  I can click Reopen issue on the issue and it works without an issue.  I've confirmed that I've selected the correct Action (the one that is part of the Workflow on the Project).

I'm sure it's something simple!  Thanks for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Saffell February 6, 2015

Jozef, I'm using the Service Desk Portal to add a comment (as the reporter). I did confirm that the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access group has the Transition Issues permission on the Project.

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

Can you double check that you are performing the transition with the same user in script and from GUI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events