Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do automation rules stop applying automatically?

Asa Shemesh August 13, 2017

I am running a Jira Service Desk server locally, with configured tickets being opened via E-mail and the Customer Portal and automation rules for auto-transitioning.

Approximately once every two weeks or so, the Jira Service Desk appliance stops applying automation rules:

- Comments from customers or agents do not trigger auto-transitioning

- Tickets opened from a specific reporter domain do not trigger auto-transitioning

- SLA breaching does not trigger auto-transitioning

Other than that, manual operation work fine and tickets are being opened without issues.

Restarting the hosting server resolves the problem and auto-transitioning for NEW tickets applies normally - while any tickets opened throughout that time need to be handled manually

What other information can I supply in order to solve this? This is a major set back for us

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Asa,

Are you using a third party add-on such as Automation?  Here's what you can provide to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• the versions of JIRA you're running and the add-on being used
  • screenshots of your rules
  • a screenshot of the audit log 
  • a screenshot of the  issue history tab of an issue that failed to transition

Cheers,

Branden

Asa Shemesh August 14, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your reply, I am attaching the add-on info and the screenshots below.

This problem affects all issues and all rules, nothing is executed - and if we restart the hosting server, new issues are automatically transioned without additional changes.

The log displays the automation rule with an "X", while the same query provides the relevant issues that needs to be transitioned, and are transitioned after a server restart.

Your insight will be much appreciated.

I am running Jira 7.3.0 with the following add-ons:
Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager PluginUPDATE AVAILABLE
Update
JIRA Suite UtilitiesPAID UPDATE AVAILABLE
Paid update
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Instance Health Plugin
JIRA Toolkit Plugin
psmq-plugin
querydsl-4.0.7-provider-plugin
Support Healthcheck Plugin
Support Tools Plugin

jira service desk audit log.PNGjira service desk auto-resolve rule.pngjira service desk issue history tab.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events