Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do JSD email fail as "signup is not currently available"?

Clayton Chancey December 11, 2019

I am a system administrator for Jira Cloud, and I have one Service Desk project that is behaving strangely. Emails from non-company domains do not generate issues, even though the system, application, and project settings are appropriate. This only appears to be happening in one project.

Specifically: here are the errors I am seeing in the Service Desk Mail Handler logs under our problematic project.

A.PNG

For comparison, here are the email logs from another Service Desk project with identical Customer Permissions settings.

B.PNGAs you can see, emails from external sources seem to be successful in this case.

So, in order to address the "Failed: Signup is not currently available" error I first checked Global Customer Permissions here, and they appear to be configured correctly to accept issues without requiring signup.

C.PNGIn addition, I checked the Customer Permissions settings at the project level, and they also appear to be configured appropriately.

D.PNGWhat am I missing? Is this a JSD Cloud bug? I have a good amount of experience in this product and yet, after consulting all the relevant documentation, I'm not sure what is going on here.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pierce Radtke November 9, 2020

I just got done going through Jira's support to find an answer to this issue.

1st - Check to make sure that the email address does not somehow have both a record in your Atlassian systems as well as your customer portal systems.  Having the email in both locations confuses how the system treats the account.  If the email is in both locations migrate the customer portal account over to Atlassian.

2nd - When a person emails the ticketing email account if the CC a user who has not already previously been added to the customer service portal/Atlassian accounts then the system will not create an account for the user.  - the explanation that was provided to me for this is that JSD was originally built as an add on service.  The entire Customer Portal Customer system does not tie in with the rest of the Jira core processing.  Essentially the system has become a core product w/o the core development necessary.  It seems they are working to integrate the systems better but there is a lot of work to be done.

3rd - When a user creates their email if they use a former ticket' reply as a template.  Even if they remove the ticket number from the subject, the system will link the email based on the message ID to old tickets.  This blocked my Customer Portal request participants from opening tickets after they were closed and then blocked them from creating new tickets.

Stella November 1, 2021

For my PROD instance

What if all 3 points to not apply to my cloud instance, but I still get "Signup is not currently available" error. 

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 4.33.32 PM.png
I've checked that the user did not appear in User Management "Users", nor "Jira Service Management".

I've had someone with @gmail.com creating their account successfully, but not when I use @company.com

Testing with a new Cloud JSM site

I tried out with a new JSM site, but faced no such issue. All the settings are the same too...

Any suggestions?

2 votes
Boris Maksimov January 2, 2020

I have this very same issue, with the identical configuration that @Clayton Chancey summarized above. In my case, however, emails sent from non-company domain, do not even land in the Email log. I also agree, that documentation and instructions around this configuration is far from perfect.

As an extra credit, I would really like to know why a basic (IMHO) feature like email originated cases is dependent on the setting that allows/restricts customer self registration. I actually need to prohibit customers from being able to register on their own, because captcha is not supported by Cloud (what?!), so this dependency is rather lame.

Jason Selby April 22, 2020

Did this ever get resolved? I have exactly the same issue?

Max McDaniel April 24, 2020

Running into this same issue. Any updates?

Like # people like this
Jason Selby April 27, 2020

You have to add the customers email into your organisation in Jira Service Desk

anarcon GmbH September 9, 2020

In addition, "signup is not currently available" is shown when there is no user nor JSD customer related to the email address.

You might want to enable "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal" in the JSD's configuration.

Pierce Radtke November 9, 2020

@Jason Selby  You do not have to add them to the organization and/or project if you have account creation enabled.  Automatic account creation won't work if someone CC's a user on the inbound ticket email because Request Participants don't function as Customer Portal JSD accounts.  They fall under the Jira Core Notifications comment creation. In this case, you would need to add the user account to the Project's Customer Base.

If they already have a customer portal account and they email a new project for the first time it will automatically add them to that new project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events