Why do I get the error "No permission to create pages in space userguide"?

When I click the Create KB Article button in JIRA Service Desk I get the error, "No permission to create pages in space userguide."  ("userguide" is the name of the linked Confluence Space.)

I can go directly from Service Desk to Confluence (same account) and create a Page in the userguide Space.

7 answers

I got an answer from Atlassian Support that helped resolved this issue for us. 

We use OAuth as authentication between JIRA and Confluence (in the Application Links setup), but had missed that on the Confluence side, we had to enable "Allow user impersonation through 2-Legged OAuth" or specify a user in "Execute as" in the incoming authentication tab.

We enabled "Allow user impersonation through 2-Legged OAuth", and the link between Service Desk and the Confluence KB now works like a charm:

2-legged-OAuth.PNG

Based on the support I received, I found the following documentation about integrating JIRA Service Desk with Confluence, that describes this requirement:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Providing+self-help+resources+for+your+customers+with+a+knowledge+base#Providingself-helpresourcesforyourcustomerswithaknowledgebase-IntegratingwithConfluence

0 votes

Because your account does not have permission to create/edit pages in that space.

Being an administrator gives you system admin rights, it's nothing to do with your rights over the actual content .   "Admin can do anything" is an absolutely terrible security model and Atlassian have rightly avoided it.  As an admin, you can give yourself the permissions to create/edit.

Maybe I wasn't clear. My account does indeed have permissions to add a page in the userguide Space. I've updated my question to avoid that confusion again.

DEfinitely one for support. I can't replicate this behaviour without removing my right to add the page in the linked space.

I've created a support request with Atlassian for this problem. Will report back here when I get an answer.

Also, I have confirmed that Confluence is using the JIRA Server under User Directories.

Hi Richard,

I have the exact same issue. 

I have also created our own unique KB templates and would like to use those in JIRA SD instead of the Confluence default ones, do you know how to do this? Thanks

Debbie, I haven't found a solution yet. I guess I'll be opening a support ticket to figure out what is going on.

IS this resolved yet? I have stumbled into this problem too.

I have the same issue. I have the rights to add a page in the Confluence space, but am not allowed to do this from the JIRA Service Desk issue. 

I have an open support call with atlassian about this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

251 views 1 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you