Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't someone with a customer account not see trouble tickets when emailed via subscription?

Fahad Akhtar November 4, 2019

I have created a subscription for a filter. I have given permission to a certain group who do not have site access meaning none of the users in the group do not use up a license. I made a subscription for that same group. I clicked run now to test out the subscription and to find out what the customer sees when they receive the email. When the customer gets the email it says there are no issues even thought when I run the filter there are 2 issues. I am not sure why this is. Please explain in detail. Thank you.  

2 answers

1 vote
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Fahad Akhtar ,

Can you provide us filter query you are using.

Thanks,

Avinash

project in (GTSC-NCP) AND (Status in (New, "In Progress", Assigned) OR status = Closed AND resolved > startOfMonth(-1) AND resolved < startOfMonth(-1))

I made a customer account to test things out in JIRA. I noticed that when I am part of the group that has permission to view the filter and has a subscription to it, when I click on the name of the filter hyperlink in the email, it brings me to the JIRA service desk because I gave the group that I am in site access. I am the only one in that group. I get an error where it says "A value with ID '12601' does not exist for the field 'project'". So where it says GTSC-NCP in parenthesis it says (12601) instead. Why? Thank you.  

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Fahad Akhtar ,

Yes ,as @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group stated ticket URL comes to jira agent UI  and customers wont able to see the issues. 

Also in portal customer will be able to see issues that reported by or required participants in it and check whether customer is part of reporter or required participants. 

Thanks,

Avinash 

So if I want to send reports to customers on a monthly basis via subscription for that filter, someone with a customer account will not be able to view the issues that the filter came up with? I would have to give the customer jira service desk access which will use up a license? Correct? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2019

Yes @Fahad Akhtar ,

It consumes a license in this case.

Thanks,

Avinash

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

Try to avoid it because of the security of the environment since permissions will get more complex if so.

I would consider adding EazyBI and send some pretty reports by mail. Not sure if you can automate it though

I'm assuming EazyBl is an add-on available on the atlassian marketplace? If so is it free? Thank you for all the quick responses. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

Not free but cheaper than an agent license in the long term if you plan to do this for many customers

Okay thank you. Do you know what the reason is for not letting customers to be able to view issues if they want a monthly or quarterly report? I do not understand why customers cannot just view only the issues created by these filters. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

I believe that the feature is missing from the customer portal. What you are trying to use was originally meant for jira core and software solutions

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2019

Hi @Fahad Akhtar ,

Other note is that there is a suggestion request with Atlassian for reports in customer portals and this may give some reporting feature to customers.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2736

Thanks,

Avinash

Okay thank you for all of your help and responding so fast. 

Are you able to create pareto charts in EazyBl? Thanks. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019
1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

I believe it's because the tickets url  are not the ones  from jira portal and therefore they don't have access to it, they should be licensed users in order to see the output of the filter or make the project itself available without any users license which I wouldn't recommend due to security concerns

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events