cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I resolve this issue? [hardcore-meta]

Lan Tran September 3, 2015

You know how excited I was to try JIRA Service Desk? 100%

You know how happy I am with my experience so far?  0%

I signed up for the trial, I am the only agent and administrator. I have no tutorial, apart from an issue in my queue, "Create a customer request". I try to resolve the request by clicking "Resolve this issue" and I get this screen:

image2015-9-3 14:12:23.png

I click on the Resolution field, and it contains nothing in it besides the "Please select..." text, which is not selectable. When I click on "resolve this issue", I get an error that says, "the selected resolution is invalid", which makes sense, given that I couldn't select a resolution. I click on the question mark, and it takes me a help page where it says "the defined resolutions are listed below" at the bottom of the page and then the page ends!

https://lantran55.atlassian.net/secure/ShowConstantsHelp.jspa?decorator=popup#ResolutionTypes

I go to the online documentation for the cloud service desk, and it say nothing besides, basically, "click on 'resolve' to resolve the issue".

What am I missing? And why was there no tutorial to lead me through how to use the service desk? Not at all happy about the experience so far.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lan Tran September 4, 2015

After going through the tutorial, it looks like this product requires too much configuration. We need something that is a little more turn-key/out of the box, versus JIRA Service Desk, which appears to be very roll-your-own and needs a lot of setup.  Plus, the problems I have encountered with the Resolve... button and the lack of documentation explaining how to set up Resolutions has given me a bad impression of the product. I will be halt my trial version of this software and look elsewhere for other help desk products. Thank you.

0 votes
Lan Tran September 4, 2015

Thanks, Lingbo. (And Hardik, when you defend the product that I am having a problem with by saying it is "cool", that produces a negative customer service experience. I am having a problem with the software, and the last thing I want to hear is that the software is "cool". The software is obviously not cool because I am having a problem with it, and saying it is cool simply says to the customer, "you must be doing something wrong". Also, the word "cool" is unprofessional in this context.)

Screen shot below. I got to this screen by clicking the question-mark-circle next to the Resolution field in my previous screen shot. It is very close to the bottom of the screen. It is the sentence that says "the defined resolutions are listed below" and yet there are none below! Thanks again.

image2015-9-4 9:28:21.png

0 votes
lingbo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2015

Hi @Lan Tran

Thanks for letting us know the issues! I just verified and there is indeed a bug in the product that results in resolutions being empty when you access the 'My First Service Desk' project and resolve the ticket if no other projects exist in the product. We are fixing this issue and hope to ship it in the next two weeks. Hope the documentation page linked above helped you get started a bit! 

I didn't manage to see the other issue you mentioned though, i.e. the one where the help button does not have any info. Could you share a screenshot if possible? 

Cheers,

Lingbo

JIRA Service Desk

0 votes
Lan Tran September 3, 2015

Thanks. Are you going to address the part of my issue where I said 1) the help button for the resolve issue field leads to an incomplete/non-functional help document and 2) the lack of cohesive tutorial for the JIRA Support Desk?

0 votes
Hardik Parekh September 3, 2015

Hi @Lan Tran,

JIRA Service desk is one of the coolest product by Atlassian.

Regarding Resolution issue you need to add some resolution like "Fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate " etc as per your requirement. You can add it from Admin - > Issues -> Issue Attributes -> Resolution.

For using Service desk you need to do following configurations.

1. Associate appropriate issues type screen with project.
  2. Associate appropriate screen, field, Permission, security & notification scheme with project.
  3. Enable JSD for that project.
  4. After that set Queues, SLAs, People (Agents, Collaborators , Customers ), & most important Request type & it's associate issues in Service desk.

You can refer : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/getting-started-with-jira-service-desk-732528698.html

Hope this helps smile

Regards,

Hardik parekh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events