Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are transitions attributed to me when i haven't modified a ticket?

Adam Wicks October 17, 2017

I recently installed the IT service desk starter license as an add on to our Commercial Jira installation on our Server.  I'm an admin for the main Jira installation and the IT service Desk, although I don't run the IT installation.

I'm not named as project or component lead on anything to do with the IT Service desk project, but when workflow transitions are made these appear to be automatically attributed to me (see below example from a typical ticket - I had nothing to do with the list of transactions shown!

IT-63.JPG

The workflow for this specific task is the default "IT service request fulfilment workflow", which i've checked but couldn't see anything obvious in the transitions which would allocate this to me.

Very confusing!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

It seems there are some automations which are using your user to execute. Check "Project Settings" >> "Automations"

You can check if there are any automations and the default user being used to run these automation rules

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

This has always bugged me and can be confusing to others. I wish that Atlassian would provide a means of changing any ‘system/automated’ notifications so they appear as coming from  the system. I considered resolving by creating a special user account “JSD.admin@company.com” but couldn’t justify the value. I expect there is a suggestion open w/ Atlassian and will search and add here if I find it.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

I do the same and call the user 'Automation Robot'

0 votes
Adam Wicks October 17, 2017

Aha!  Thanks very much Mizan, I looked into this and you are absolutely right - i wasn't aware there was a separate "automation" configuration setup that was different to the workflow.

I agree with Jack that this is confusing.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2017

You're welcome (accept my answer)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events