Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are new tickets not accessible and using old ticket numbers?

Richard Saffell May 6, 2019

Ever since our upgrade to the latest version of JIRA and Service Desk, when a ticket is opened, it seems to be created using an existing ticket ID.

For example, a ticket was opened this morning with IT-342, but when I go to that ticket (via the link in the notification email) it is an old unrelated ticket, not the new one that was just opened.

Also, we are unable to find the new ticket in the queue - presumably because it was never actually created.

It might only be happening with tickets created via Email.

We have the Starter License and no support, but this seems like pretty nasty bug apparently related to the upgrade.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2019

Hi, @Richard Saffell .

It looks like you need in reindexing data.

Look throught this useful article.

Richard Saffell May 7, 2019

I'm sure that we performed a reindex after the upgrade.  I did it again just now, and it failed.  While searching for the logs I ran the reindex once more, and it completed successfully.

I created a ticket via email myself and it seems to have resolved the issue.  I will accept your answer once we confirm the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your response!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events