Why are my sub-task showing up on my board on load and then immediately disappearing?

Ken Peng January 14, 2019

Our Scrum board is configured to display sub-tasks. The filter displays the sub-task and there is even a single sub-task that displays on the board. However, all but that one lone sub-task are not displaying. In addition, the sub-task will flash on the board right when it loads, and then they will disappear.

All projects are using the same workflow, privileges, and have the same statuses as the sub-task that is currently displaying on the board.

Has anyone seen this before?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hello Ken,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please, check the following configurations of your board:

1 - Navigate to the Board > Board Settings > General > Edit Filter query > Confirm that all sub-tasks are being returned when viewing the filter in the issue navigator

2 - Navigate to the Board > Board Settings > Columns > Check if the Sub-task statuses are properly mapped to your board columns

3 - Navigate to the Board > Board Settings > Swimlanes and set it to display No Swimlanes and check if it changes the result

4 - Check if there are no Quick Filters been applied to the board

We will be waiting for your answer.

Ken Peng January 16, 2019

Hey Petterson,

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - Confirmed that all sub tasks are displaying in the query

2 - Confirmed that all statuses are properly mapped to the board

3 - If I change to No Swimlanes I am able to see the sub-tasks

4 - There are no Quick Filters enabled

The swimlanes we select is by assignee and each sub task is verified to have an assignee filled in.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hello Ken,

Checking the problem you are reporting, I was able to find the following question reporting the same problem:

Subtask Assignees Swimlane on Kanban Board

That been said, can you please confirm if the problem is only impacting the sub-tasks that had been assigned before you created the Board?

I think you can be possibly facing a new bug here, so let me know if newly created sub-tasks are working for you so we can properly reproduce it from our side and report it to our development team. 

Ken Peng January 17, 2019

I have confirmed that many of the sub-tasks were created and assigned after the Board was created.

If it is a bug where would I go to check the progress? Our developers work on sub-tasks so not having them show up on the board makes it very hard to coordinate and track progress.

Ken Peng January 24, 2019

Hey Petterson,

I am just following up since I haven't heard anything.

Just to clarify, new sub-tasks are not showing up either. If this is a bug, do I need to provide more information? Is there a link for the bug so I can watch it?

Just wondering as this issue is making issue tracking tedious.

Please let me know what the next steps are.

Thanks Petterson!

Ken Peng May 9, 2019

Hey Petterson,

As we have grown in the past couple of months, this is becoming more and more unbearable to work around.

We need a status on this as soon as possible as it is hindering out productivity.

Let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer