Why are Service Desk issues showing up as "Incorrect request type" customer view? Edited

Some of the issues in our JIRA Cloud Service Desk are displaying "Incorrect request type" when trying to view.  Even when I, the admin, try to view them I'm getting this error.

My issues show up in the internal view page:

https://-my-id-here-.atlassian.net/browse/VS-534

but I can't see it here

https://-my-id-here-.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/VS-534

Yet some other issues such as VS-532 and VS-540 appear in both views.  None of the others between those 2 appear for the customer portal view, but they're all, mostly, auto-filed issues created via email submissions.

Now that I have a response below to check out the "Service Desk request" / "Request type" which was "No match" for the ones that won't view...

I just created a test item via the internal Create button, it comes up as a "No match" upon creation.  Some have been created by email submission.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey I ran into this same issue and have appeared to find a fix for it. If you look at the ticket from the internal view page you should have a property for "Request Type" under "Service Desk request". My issue was that the field was blank after populating it with a value I was then able to view the request from the customer portal.

Also looks like they're is a suggestion to fix this for issues created from the admin side of service desk. JSDSERVER-2385

That does look like the problem.  Now to go see if I can mass detect and mass change them all...

Nope.  Have to step through them all and hand tweak them.  Weird.

Atlassian!

I would be very interested in that too.
Why is the question not answered?
It's April 2017!

I'm still getting this problem.  Why have they not fixed it ?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

245 views 6 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you