Why are Service Desk issues showing up as "Incorrect request type" customer view?

roymeo April 13, 2017

Some of the issues in our JIRA Cloud Service Desk are displaying "Incorrect request type" when trying to view.  Even when I, the admin, try to view them I'm getting this error.

My issues show up in the internal view page:

https://-my-id-here-.atlassian.net/browse/VS-534

but I can't see it here

https://-my-id-here-.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/VS-534

Yet some other issues such as VS-532 and VS-540 appear in both views.  None of the others between those 2 appear for the customer portal view, but they're all, mostly, auto-filed issues created via email submissions.

Now that I have a response below to check out the "Service Desk request" / "Request type" which was "No match" for the ones that won't view...

I just created a test item via the internal Create button, it comes up as a "No match" upon creation.  Some have been created by email submission.

7 answers

2 votes
Adam Risoldi April 14, 2017

Hey I ran into this same issue and have appeared to find a fix for it. If you look at the ticket from the internal view page you should have a property for "Request Type" under "Service Desk request". My issue was that the field was blank after populating it with a value I was then able to view the request from the customer portal.

Also looks like they're is a suggestion to fix this for issues created from the admin side of service desk. JSDSERVER-2385

roymeo April 14, 2017

That does look like the problem.  Now to go see if I can mass detect and mass change them all...

Nope.  Have to step through them all and hand tweak them.  Weird.

0 votes
Caroline SCENI March 22, 2024

Still no answer for this issue in March 2024 ? 

0 votes
Dan Coutu March 8, 2021

I found that I had set up an automation rule that set the request type based on various summary field text elements. Unfortunately, I did not include an ELSE at the end to specify a default request type. So the ticket was created without any request type at all.

By changing my automation rule I solved the problem.

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

I am having the same issue and it just started today. We got email request and they are set to be IT help Issue type and are coming in as a service request instead. I am unsure why this happening but I don't want to move them to the right issue type manually.

Anyone else know a fix?

0 votes
Heidi Bellio September 20, 2018

I have the same issue. 

Issue created in customer portal says: Incorrect Request Type, no result screen. but issue is there

0 votes
Michael Green May 9, 2018

I'm still getting this problem.  Why have they not fixed it ?

0 votes
Werner Meyknecht October 11, 2017

Atlassian!

I would be very interested in that too.
Why is the question not answered?
It's April 2017!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events