Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I unable to receive Jira email notifications?

Fiona Middleton August 19, 2019

For a while now I haven't been receiving any Jira email notifications and any kind. This includes all scenarios, for example , issue creation, issue progress,  changes to issues, or even if someone tags me in an issue. This never used to be an issue for me. I've checked my outlook rules and have deleted all of them, there is definitely nothing in outlook blocking these email notifications. I've checked all my settings in Jira (making sure they are aligned with other users in my team who are receiving notifications), there doesn't appear to a be a problem with the settings for my account. 

2 answers

0 votes
Curtis Harvey August 21, 2019

I am having the same issue.  When a ticket is created in a service desk, the automation to alert a specific user is not being received.  Manually tagging someone in a comment appears to be working.  Notification permissions haven't changed and the notification helper says alerts are being sent.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

Hi @Fiona Middleton 

You have to check the notification scheme.

Use the notification helper to see if you are able to receive any notification from specific issue in your project(s).

Send a test email from jira

Fiona Middleton August 20, 2019

Hi @Mohamed Benziane , 

Thanks for the response. I have checked the notifications scheme already and all appears to be fine. I'm on a default scheme along with many other users in my team who are receiving email notifications. Just appear to be me who's not receiving anything. 

Thanks, 

Fiona

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Did you try the notification helper?

Link to the doc

Fiona Middleton August 20, 2019

Yes

Status: 'Fiona Middleton receives notifications for the 'Issue Assigned' event'

No notifications are being received

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2019

Did you try to send a test mail via the jira administration panel ? 

By default the user who make a change don't receive notification, you can change it in your profil settings.

You can also check that you have browse permission in the project.

Take a look at this documentation :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/notifications-troubleshooting-203394737.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events