Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can raise requests in jira service desk portal?

Jose A_ Gea August 8, 2019

Hi

We have used service desk for over a year for our IT department and now we're starting implementing it for other teams. Up until now, only people with accouns on our Active Directory were able to raise request. Our HR department requires that some employees that don't have accounts with us are able to raise tickets using, these employees only have personal email addresses.

I've been researching for some solutions:

- Issue collectors: not ideal as most of the company's websites require also an account to be accessed from the outside of our network.

- Create all of these employees as users on Jira's internal user management: also not ideal as there are c2000 accounts that will be a pain to manage.

Ideally I'm looking for these users to be able to raise tickets and receive communications from Jira without not too much overhead on managing the accounts.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

Hi @Jose A_ Gea 

Who have three level of portal access

Customers who are explicitly added to the service desk project - restricts access to a specific list of customers that you control.

Customers who have an account on the Jira instance - restricts access to users who have an account elsewhere in your Jira instance (customers, existing Jira users...).

Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal - opens the portal for self sign up, and anyone can potentially access the portal to submit requests.

I thing the third solution will suit your requirement. Here a link with more information.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver033/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-861255221.html

Jose A_ Gea August 16, 2019

Hi

Thanks for your answer, I was hoping to have other options as you're right, the 3rd solution fits my requirements but I will have a tough sale trying to get the IT security team approving that change.

Jose A_ Gea August 19, 2019

Also, if I modify this permission does it only affect the customer portal for that project?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

Yes, it will affect only the project where you set this permission

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events