Where is the create issue automation on service desk 3.9.1 server

There is a document stating that you can create linked issues in automation but the option is not available on service desk server 3.9.1

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/automatically-create-linked-issues-from-new-requests

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Sorry, I see the document is for Cloud. Will this option be available on server any time soon? 

Agreed! Seems this should also be readily available in Server.

I also agree. Will make the life of our support teams easier! :)

This is getting to be real CRAP! The cloud and server should BOTH have identical functionality! It's very frustrating to find the cloud has capabilities we need on the server version!

Cloud and Server divergence is increasing, and Atlassian have at least been honest in telling us that it's going to happen.

But I'm totally with you on the fact that that is a really poor decision.  I'm ok with "Cloud is always ahead of server", as long as server will get the stuff we see on Cloud (and ideally quite quickly), but we now know the two products are going to diverge and that's simply a monumental PITA.  Both systems are getting improvements the other one needs as well.

Divergence is the death knell for migration from cloud to server.

Migration is often required when company A acquires company. Company A runs a server based Jira while company B uses Jira in the cloud.

Yep, although it still is not hard to migrate Server to Cloud.

This widget could not be displayed.

Does anyone know when this will be implemented in Server? 

Uhm, I don't see this coming anytime soon unfortunately. 

We all have to upvote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4673 to make progress I think.

Its really disappointing to know why such feature is not offered on a server instance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

10,762 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you