Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the create issue automation on service desk 3.9.1 server

Karol Jochelson January 9, 2018

There is a document stating that you can create linked issues in automation but the option is not available on service desk server 3.9.1

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/automatically-create-linked-issues-from-new-requests

2 answers

3 votes
Karol Jochelson January 9, 2018

Sorry, I see the document is for Cloud. Will this option be available on server any time soon? 

CHRISTOPHER GANT January 17, 2018

Agreed! Seems this should also be readily available in Server.

PabloC March 29, 2018

I also agree. Will make the life of our support teams easier! :)

kenneth.wood April 18, 2018

This is getting to be real CRAP! The cloud and server should BOTH have identical functionality! It's very frustrating to find the cloud has capabilities we need on the server version!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

Cloud and Server divergence is increasing, and Atlassian have at least been honest in telling us that it's going to happen.

But I'm totally with you on the fact that that is a really poor decision.  I'm ok with "Cloud is always ahead of server", as long as server will get the stuff we see on Cloud (and ideally quite quickly), but we now know the two products are going to diverge and that's simply a monumental PITA.  Both systems are getting improvements the other one needs as well.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Divergence is the death knell for migration from cloud to server.

Migration is often required when company A acquires company. Company A runs a server based Jira while company B uses Jira in the cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

Yep, although it still is not hard to migrate Server to Cloud.

0 votes
Terence van Schalkwyk June 5, 2018

Does anyone know when this will be implemented in Server? 

Robert Martinez June 27, 2018

Uhm, I don't see this coming anytime soon unfortunately. 

We all have to upvote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4673 to make progress I think.

Its really disappointing to know why such feature is not offered on a server instance.

bneuberg August 19, 2019

And we need to Upvote this Task:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3279

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events