Where does the field "Customer" pull its data?

Jen Grier September 13, 2019

In Service Desk there is a place to enter Customers and Organizations however when the field CUSTOMER is added to a screen it pulls data from another place...where is that?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Is it possible that you are referencing a custom field that your admin has added?

I dont think so because an add in app refernces the field which I am trying to use for reports. The data exists some place within SD because the data it is pulling is specfic to us - I need to add to the list and cant find it...?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

The only customer data I’m aware of is under Customers. How do you know it isn’t coming from Customers? Is the list of customers different? Maybe the addon has this data? 

I would have thought the same however there is a difference one is plural. I confirmed the list of choices and they are not from the "customerS" so this is coming from some place...as I mentioned...the list that comes up is customers I recognize but not spelled the same as ones in our "customers" list. I know this sounds confusing - but thats why I am sure the list for the CUSTOMER field is in the project some place and is not the same as the CUSTOMERS/ORGANIZATION list...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

The only thing I would suggest is to check your custom fields or the addon configuration itself. There is no “customer” field in JSD other than “customers”. What is this addon BTW?

Jen Grier September 17, 2019

The addon is Advanced Portal Reports for Service Desk Cloud. I have checked - we have no custom fields

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

you might wish to reach out to their support and inquire. Maybe this field is part of their addon, not sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events