Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where In the Database are Approvals Stored?

Todd Coates December 6, 2017

We have a workflow process that requires multiple approvals.  It would be helpful to report on the item and include who and when an approval or rejection was recorded.  We are using the server version of Service Desk but do not know how to pull the approvals in a SQL report.  Any ideas?

1 answer

2 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hi Todd,

from experience I can only discourage you from going direct to the SQL Database, as the Schema is complex & can change with very little notice from version to version. 

We moved away from direct SQL Queries a long time ago and moved to the REST API's provided. They tend to be very, very stable. 

So if REST is an option for you, you should have a look at in the REST Servicedesk API:

servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/approval

Which should get you all approvals to a specific Issue.

There are also Rest Methods to get all Issues in a Queue or matching a JQL statement and then you'd have to iterate through them.

I appreciate not quite the answer you asked for but this may present a more stable/best-practice way.

Cheers,
Christian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

I have to agree with that.  The Jira database is in no way built for any form of reporting, it's a data store.  Using SQL to read it is the single worst possible option for reporting.

Like Irina Pozdnyakova likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events