When updating a request with a public comment

Ash1981 December 11, 2017

When a reporter reports an issue to Jira service desk and me as an admin comments with a public comment I would like the reciepent of the comment, ie the reporter to see the whole history in the email that JSD sends out to the reporter. 

Right now the reporter can only see the 1st comment and to see the whole history the need to log in to JSD. 

Can I somehow enable for the reporters to see the whole chain of history every time I comment a ticket with a public comments with all the previous public comments?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi Ashish,

Unfortunately there is not way you can put all your comment history in your customer notifications. This feature is simply not available our of the box for Jira.

However you can use Email This Issue plugin to do it. Among other cool features it allows you to configure custom email templates that can include all your comment history,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ivan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events