Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When ticket is assigned/picked up, email is not going to requester.

Chiraag Patel August 10, 2017

Hello,

I have been working to get our service desk setup. I seem to have most things working the way we need them to for now.

When the ticket is assigned/picked up, no email goes out to the requester or assignee.

Issue Assigned Permissions.PNG

What I thought those permissions would do is send an email to the requester that the ticket has been assigned to "X" tech.

And that the tech would receive and email that a ticket has been assigned to them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Chiraag Patel

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

Notifications, not permissions!

Some of what you're seeing makes sense. 

The issue assigned event should feed into a notification that goes out to Watchers, the assignee (old and new - this is one event that is a bit different to others), and the reporter.

However, all of those are JIRA (Core) system-roles.  Not Service Desk ones.  The person making the request is a "customer", not a JIRA system-role or "reporter".  So that is correct at the moment. 

But, the watcher and assignee mails sound potentially broken.  Do you have watchers on this issue?  And can you check that either X tech is not the person assigning the issue OR that they have the profile setting "email me on my changes" enabled?

Chiraag Patel August 14, 2017

Thank you for the response. I might not fully know how the JIRA Core/Service Desk flow works. (new user/first time configuring)

Let me just start from the get go and make sure my thoughts are coming across clearly.

1) Ticket comes in, only watcher is the "Customer"

2) They receive the email that the ticket has been received.

3) A technician goes into the ticket and "assign to me"

4) The "Customer" nor the technician never receives an email stating that the ticket has been assigned to "technician name"

(not sure if that is how the system is normally supposed to work, or if I am missing something.

(we would like to have the notifications setup so that the "customer" is notified that someone picked up the ticket, and who it went to)

Also, we just updated to the newest version of Core/Software and Service Desk. 7.4.2 and 3.6.2 respectively.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

The Customer is not getting an email because of what I said before - the assigning of an issue is a JIRA activity, not a Customer facing event, so they won't get an email about it.

I suspect the technician doesn't get an email because they have "do not email me when I make changes" set in their profile (it defaults to not sending the email to the person who makes the change)

Is there anyway to set it up so that the JIRA activity generates an email to the Customer?

I am trying to see if it can be done through automation, but since I am new to this, it is rather trickty.

Anish Rajukumar May 22, 2020

Hi Chiraag,

Did you find a solution/work around for this issue? I am facing the same issue now as I am trying to configure Jira SD for the first time.

If you found a solution to this, please do share.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anish

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events