Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When issue is under "Waiting For Customer" I want trigger an auto alert to my customer.

Sulaiman Usmani March 4, 2018

When issue is under "Waiting For Customer" I want trigger an auto alert on e mail to my customer requesting them to share an update on it else issue will be resolved after 24hrs or 48hrs.

Agenda is to keep the customer posted about the issue they have raised it, even if they are not accessing the JIRA tool.

Can anyone help me to do it on the JIRA Automation, if anyone has done it already kindly share your knowledge.

2 answers

4 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2018

If you have Script runner plugin, we can send custom emails on the post function of Waiting for Customer transition. Please refer this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/script-runner-send-custom-email-To-Issue-Fields/qaq-p/563811

Sulaiman Usmani March 5, 2018

Thanks Mahesh, I Will work on it and get back to you for further help.

poornima kirubakaran March 5, 2018

Sure @Sulaiman Usmani :)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

You can use built in automation to achieve this. Simply something like 

when: issue transitions to WF

If: leave blank or pick a condition 

then: send email to customer and construct your body

Sulaiman Usmani March 5, 2018

Thanks Jack

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events