Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When browsing a ticket, empty file is downloaded

Lee Collings May 22, 2020

This has only started happening today, but on Chrome in MacOS, everytime I view a Jira ticket, an empty file is downloaded (named 11703).

I know it's a bit hard to diagnose or identify right now, but I hope others are getting this too? I Don't think it's an isolated issue for just myself.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello @Lee Collings

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any other reports about the issue you are facing, so I believe it should probably be caused by an external app/extension. That being said, please provide us with the information below so we can further troubleshoot it:

1. Are the downloaded files added as attachments to the issues? Or there are no files added to the issues?
  2. Does the problem happen to every issue? Or is it happening only in specific ones?
  3. Can you check if the problem reproduces in other browsers and using incognito mode?
  4. Follow the steps in the video below:
    How To Disable Automatic Download In Google Chrome

5. confirm if one of the browser extensions can be causing the problem, by deactivating each of them at time and testing.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events