Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the "remaining time" indicator based on?

Gino Fiori December 27, 2019

I need my queue to calculate the remaining time of a ticket based on some property like the "expiration time", but all the tickets have the same default time limit and it is 16 hours.

Is this by any chance posible? Or shoud I try a different approach?

Thanks in advance to the community

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Hi Gino, welcome to the Community. Can you elaborate on “remaining time”? I am not aware of such a default field. Queues do not “calculate” anything they simply are filtered list of issues based upon some JQL. Now with JSD you have SLAs which is all about how much time is allotted to resolve an issue before the time is breached and you can and should certainly include your SLA in your queues and you can sort by that field.

please help me better understand your goals.

Okay so I'm doing some tests to implement JSD on our company, and creating random tickets as if I were clients.

Whenever I create a ticket, it appears as it should in the main queue (the one that comes by default when you create an IT project).

One of the columns in my queue, named "Time Remaining" (or "Tiempo Restante" in Spanish) I'm guesing it shows how much time is left for each ticket's expiration. The thing is, for every ticket I create, the "Time Remaining" allways starts as if I have 16 hours to solve the ticket.

What I need is to be able to set like a "resolution date" for the ticket and make the "Time Remaining" run based on this field.

I thing it might have something to do with "SLA Remaining Time" but I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for.

I hope i make myself clear and that you guys can help me.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Ok yes that should all be controlled by your SLAs. Here is a good read to get started - what-are-slas-and-where-can-i-see-them-in-my-service-desk 

basically your SLA is a count down timer, say 16h and if it goes beyond 16h it turns red and negative. So it starts by showing time remaining before breach and then switch’s to breach duration.

to edit your SLA go to project settings > SLAs where you can define Calendars (working days and hours, holidays, etc) and SLA goals (e.g. by priority, customer, etc).

Like Gino Fiori likes this

Thanks a lot, you were very helpful! now I'm just going to define goals based on "priority" instead of seting a "resolution date". 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events