Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the permission that allow to add an organization or a customer in an organization ?

Anne Bihouee February 25, 2020

Hi,

I'm a projet leader and an administrator in a service desk project.

I would like increase my team's permissions that allow them to add an organization. I didn't find this permission.

thanks for your help

Anne

3 answers

1 vote
Jamie July 26, 2021

I had the same issue, this page resolved it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/service-desk-agents-are-not-able-to-add-customers-to-an-organization-881515279.html

You need to go into your admin settings and allow agents to manage organizations.

0 votes
Kevin Segers August 11, 2020

Dear,

Any solution for this issue yet? I'm running against the same...

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Kevin.

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Anne Bihouee 

Do your agents see the menu item Customers in your Jira Service Desk? If yes, they most likely have the ability to add organisations and users.  

If not, go to Project Settings on Jira Service Desk, go to People and add the role (service desk team). 

There is also a group under user administration called service-desk-agents.

Note: there is a permission called Service Desk Agent, which allows users to interact with customers and acess Service Desk features of a project.

Now go back to Customers and see if your agents can add Organisations. 

-Mike

Hi @Mike Bowen 

I test the role : Administrator on one member of my team. She could see the Customers menu but she can't add an organization. 

I don't understand why... any idea ?

thanks a lot, Anne

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Anne Bihouee 

I can't tell you why unless you tell me what you have done.

1. Did you look at the user permissions?
  2. Did you add your agents to the People - Service-desk team role? 

Perhaps share a screenshot of the customer screen so I can see what you are saying? 

-Mike

Hi @Mike Bowen 

1. Yes I looked at the user permissions

2. Yes my agents were added to the People - Service-desk team role, the project managers role and the Administrator Role.

agent-role.png

My agents can't see the "Add Organization" button here :

customer.pngThanks for your help

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2020

Hi @Anne Bihouee 

Okay, Try this.

Go to Project Settings - Customer Permissions - does your screen look like this? 

Customer Permissions.jpg

Once it is set up like the above, go to Customers - and see if you are able to add organisations. 

-Mike

Hi @Mike Bowen 

thanks for this answer.

These settings are already like this :(

Anne

Jairaj K January 11, 2022

@Anne Bihouee Please try this and I hope it will work.

Global Settings > Products > Under Jira Service Management > Configuration > Organization Management > check the first option, "Yes, agents can add and remove organizations from projects."

Like Viktoryia K. likes this
harry_theodorou March 3, 2022

This works perfectly for Jira Cloud. Now service desk agents can manage organization memberships.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events