Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to convert a JSD project to a JSW project ?

getachew k June 26, 2017

We were trying to convert a JSD project into a JSW project by changing the project type but after we changed the project type, JIRA created an error message such as "Unable to render element due to an error" and the sidebar does not load properly while browsing an issue. We are using Jira 7 and want to know what is the best way to map / convert JSD project into a JSW project ?

Thanks...

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

Hi getachew k,

I just attempted to reproduce this in a hosted instance and a Server instance and did not get the same results. I would start by reviewing the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log and the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out logs from the time the project was transitioned to see if you can glean any additonal informaiton as what is going on.

If you can change it back and get the normal functionality back I would do so and if you're on a Server instance, go to JIRA Administration > System > Logging and Profiling and increase the logging on com.atlassian.jira.project, reproduce the issue and then take a look at the logs and see what you can find at that point.

In regards to your sidebar, has that always been the case or did that start after you tried to change the project?  There is a known issue with the upgrade to Service Desk where the sidebar does not render correctly after an upgrade that you can find at Service Desk project's navigation bar shows "Unable to render element due to an error" even though required upgrade tasks are fulfilled.  This issue is due to unfulfilled upgrade tasks.  If you are affected by this you will be able to tell from the logs.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events