What is difference between "entered status: waiting for customer" and "comment: for customers"?

Laura January 18, 2019

Hi there,

I'm setting up a new service desk, and I'm working with the SLAs for it. Specifically I'm setting up the Time to Respond metric. What is the difference between the metrics "Entered Status: Waiting for customer" and "Comment: For Customers"? Same question for the difference between "Entered Status: Waiting for support" and "Comment: By Customer".

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2019

Hi Laura,

Entering status is when the issue is transitioning from one step to another and thus the status changes.

Commenting is when one simply comments on the issue.  You can comment for a customer - that would mean the agent making a comment, vs comment by customers.

Hope that helps

Susan

Laura January 18, 2019

Susan,

So would adding a comment at the bottom of a ticket where it's public and 'responding to customer' would count as a Comment: For Customer? Versus using the transition button at the top to Respond to Customer. 

Laura

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2019

Hi Laura,

That is correct.

Susan

Laura January 18, 2019

That would make sense, but for some reason it's not reflecting that as the metric in the SLA report. 

For example: I've set the Time to Respond metric to Start with Issue Created and Stop when Comment: For Customers. I've got 8 tickets total opened and resolved that I have made comments on to the customer through the bottom Activity>Comments section where it would be public (not internal). However, the SLA report only shows 3 of the tickets as having met the SLA. 

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change to make this work the way I want it to?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2019

Hi Laura,

I would have to see your SLA, workflows and other activities to make that determination.  However, if some other step takes place (e.g. you transition the issue and comment at the same time), the SLA might not recognize that as a straight up comment, rather might be looking at the transition (change in status).

So perhaps look at the other 5 requests to see what else is going on at the time of the 1st comment. 

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events