Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What does it mean to migrate to an atlassian account for a portal customer?

I am testing something out in JIRA. I have an account with my company that I am a site admin for. I made another account which acts as my customer account so that I can see what a customer sees when I change certain settings or permissions. So I added my personal/customer account to a specific project through that project making me a portal customer. When I log in using my customer account I get into the customer portal but I cannot see the project that I am a customer for. I cannot create issues either. How do I get my customer account to be able to view issues and create issues through the customer portal as a portal customer? Do I have to give my portal customer account a service desk customer project role? Please help. Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Nov 14, 2019

Having portal access is half the battle you need to ensure that the customer is added as a customer in the desired project(s). Migrating a portal only JSD user to a Jira user results in them having application access which is a paid license.

Okay.

But let us say if I add a customer as a portal customer how can I get them to see their project and only their project?

Is it possible that these customers that were added to my agents project because a lot of these customer would email in trouble tickets using the email channel set up by my agent for his project? Therefore when these new customers send a trouble ticket via email channel JIRA automatically makes them a portal customer for that specific project? Is that correct?

Thanks.

Jack Community Leader Nov 15, 2019

Yes if you have Customer Permission set to “anyone can...”. Check project settings > Customer permissions. 

Okay, but we checked and it was not on that. It was on "customers my team adds to the project"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

261 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you