Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean to migrate to an atlassian account for a portal customer?

Fahad Akhtar November 14, 2019

I am testing something out in JIRA. I have an account with my company that I am a site admin for. I made another account which acts as my customer account so that I can see what a customer sees when I change certain settings or permissions. So I added my personal/customer account to a specific project through that project making me a portal customer. When I log in using my customer account I get into the customer portal but I cannot see the project that I am a customer for. I cannot create issues either. How do I get my customer account to be able to view issues and create issues through the customer portal as a portal customer? Do I have to give my portal customer account a service desk customer project role? Please help. Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

Having portal access is half the battle you need to ensure that the customer is added as a customer in the desired project(s). Migrating a portal only JSD user to a Jira user results in them having application access which is a paid license.

Fahad Akhtar November 15, 2019

Okay.

But let us say if I add a customer as a portal customer how can I get them to see their project and only their project?

Is it possible that these customers that were added to my agents project because a lot of these customer would email in trouble tickets using the email channel set up by my agent for his project? Therefore when these new customers send a trouble ticket via email channel JIRA automatically makes them a portal customer for that specific project? Is that correct?

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

Yes if you have Customer Permission set to “anyone can...”. Check project settings > Customer permissions. 

Okay, but we checked and it was not on that. It was on "customers my team adds to the project"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events