Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What counts as an "Agent" in service desk.

Brandon Levitt July 26, 2019

Pricing indicates that pricing is per agent (or $10 with 3 or less).

However, I'm not seeing any role described as an "agent".   In the "Projects / <service desk proj> / Project settings / People" Interface I see some of our existing jira users and some customers that have submitted a ticket and specified their email address.  Some of those users have a "Service Desk Team" role.  I assume this is an "Agent".

However, when i navigate to "Admin / <jira instance> / <service desk instance>" I see that there are more users than just those assigned to "Service Desk Team".  It includes those only marked as "Developers".  Is the count based on the users that are displayed for service desk in the admin/billing interface those that I will be charged for or is it only administrators / "Service Desk Team" users from the service desk people interface?

2 answers

0 votes
Brandon Levitt September 3, 2019

I can now confirm that administrators are also included in the billing.

For a further update, it is not enough to remove these users from the users interface from within service desk.  Removing site admins from service desk does result in a "Project not available" or a "Snap! You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page".  Unfortunately, it would appear jira counts site admins regardless of whether they have permissions to access service desk.  This seems like a bug to me.

OK, final update.  It would appear that the people interface that lists "service desk team" in service desk has nothing to do with billing.  Any user, regardless of their role, that has "product access"in their jira admin is charged.  This includes admins or site-admins if their entire group is added.  Remove any extraneous group and I also recommend disabling “New users have access to this product”

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Hi @Brandon Levitt ,

The charges will only be for agents (Service Desk Team) and not for other groups and roles.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events