What Service Desk notifications will receive a Customer if disabled global SD notifications?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Quotation from this page:

If the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is disabled, 
the JIRA notification scheme works as defined for all events 
and users (including customers).

Here I understand that customers would be notified according to the appropriate project's Notification Scheme.

Quotation from another page:

If the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is disabled, 
agents will continue to receive notifications as part of the 
JIRA notification scheme; however, customers will only receive notifications 
if they are working on an issue in a public project.

Here I understand customers would be notified based on the appropriate project's Notification Scheme only if it is a public project.

I guess the second quotation is a more complete one, as it states the same than the first one, but adds that there are more restrictions. If that's the case, I think the documentation from the first page should be updated to reflect this important information.

What is the most correct description of both?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

I've noticed that users won't receive notifications unless they have Browse Project permission.

That's why SD customers -who are restricted to Customer Portal access- cannot be notified if JIRA Service Desk global Notifications are disabled, except for public projects.

If JIRA Service Desk global Notifications are enabled, then they will receive notifications on the following events:

SD_notifications.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events