Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want repeated notifications until issue assigned

Mike O'Neill August 18, 2017

Howdy,

I need to find a way to repeat an Issue Created notification in Service Desk every 5 minutes until that Issue is assigned.  Is this possible?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

Hi Mike,

Is this notification for the Agent?  You could use a filter/subscription to fire off every 5 minutes based on the jql that the issue is created, unassigned.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply.  I am fairly new to the JIRA world, I took the JIRA Boot Camp last month and I'm still learning about the filters. You are correct, it is for the Dispatch Agent.  We have one person responsible for assigning the ticket to the proper assignnee.  Could you give me an example of the what the filter would look like?

At your service,

Mike O

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

project = <projectname> and status = Open and assignee is EMPTY

Save the Filter

Then you can make a subscription..  SEnd to your dispatch person (may need a group or role ).  Select Advanced for scheding -  Use cron expression to fire off every 5 minutes.  Something like this:

0 00/5 9-17 ? * MON-FRI

That fires off every 5 mintues Monday to Friday from 9 to 5.

0 votes

Hi Susan,

Thanks.  I now know what I was missing, assignee is EMPTY.  I was trying () and "".  I just wasn't thinking straight.  Thanks for everything.

At your service,

Mike O

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

No Problem, if happy with answer please mark answered

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events