Using original SLA set for a project after issue moved in jira service desk

Ankita Sharma September 22, 2015

Hi Team,

I have set SLAs for Project A and Project B.

Goal for Time to Resolution SLA in Project A - 1 hour

Goal for Time to Resolution SLA in Project B - 1 hour

The SLAs start executing for Project A and now an issue is moved from Project A to Project B, the goal time remaining for this issue in Project A is 50 minutes.

The issue moved to Project B. In Project B, the Goal for this issue starts from 50 minutes as it got moved from Project A.

But I want to start Goal for this issue in Project B from 1 hour as SLA defined for this project is 1 hour, even though it is coming from Project A.

Kindly help.

4 answers

0 votes
Darren Lowe March 7, 2019

@Ankita Sharma Hi Ankita. I have the same issue and was wondering if you tried @Jack Brickey suggestion above back in 2017 and if it worked. If so, do you have any tips for implementing it? If not, did you find another solution you wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks! 
Darren

Mahesh Kallepalli October 4, 2019

@Darren Lowe 

Do you find the solution or else still awaiting , We resolved same issue in the below manner . We have added new status 'move issue' in Project A and Project B . While moving issue we change status to 'move issue' . Create new SLA with your own naming conversion and select in start time 'Enter move issue' and set goal as you needed for move issues . Kindly look around and let me know if it does helps .

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Have you tried to create a new SLA in project B for 'moved issues'? I beleive you should be able to setup an SLA for issue created and use a JQL statement to associate the SLA for moved issues. What you likely will need to do is to create a custom field let's call it 'moved issue' that gets filled in when an issue is moved. Then the goals section of the 'moved issues' SLA could fliter on those. In this way you retain the original Time to Resolution SLA for issues created in the project and have a new SLA for moved issues. I'm thinking that you this would also allow you to have two SLA going if you wanted: one with the original SLA time and one w/ a new time. If you did not want that you can edit the Time to Resolution SLA to not include "moved issues".

LMK if this doesn't make sense or doesn't work.

0 votes
Deleted user June 27, 2017

I have exactly the same issue, any answers or workaround?

0 votes
Imane Assoud May 9, 2016

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue, any answers or workaround?

Best regards,

Imane

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events